zomgistania

Main page | About | Articles | Previous Posts | Archives

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Artificial Stupidity

Today I was lurking around Dan's blog like usual. He's got intresting posts about game programming and related stuff and best of all, it's C# baby.

After reading his post "Your very own Sky Net", which was about a simple AI, I wanted to do my own AI too. I'll probably do something simple. My idea at the moment was to do a small "life" simulator thing...

There would be a, let's say, "mouse". It would actually move on the screen too. You could drop things to the screen, like cheese and mouse traps or rat poison.

It would try to go eat the stuff you put there because it's a stupid mouse which lives only for eating. If it would eat rat poison, it'd lose HP or die. This mouse would be a respawning one though, and if it died or lost HP, it would understand that the thing it just ate isn't good for it.

Well, basically something like that. I'll see if I ever get to actually coding that. Maybe I will... it seems like a fun project.

C# Game Development: Your very own Sky Net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home