zomgistania

Main page | About | Articles | Previous Posts | Archives

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Domain name

I was fantasizing about registering a domain for myself. It's not that expensive, so I thought "why not"... I could put my secondary box which runs a linux (when I get it back together, it's in pieces atm due to... a project) serving some random crap.

And my host in IRC would be way cooler!


but.

Static IP
I need a static IP. Well, no problemo, it isn't that expensive either.


but.

How am I supposed to get the IP to point to my computer, not my brother's, who also uses the very same user/pass pair to connect to the 'net?


No idea there.



Idea postponed until I get my own 10mbit line. I have a 1mbit line but I'm using a 10mbit line from my folks' place, since the same account works anywhere and you can make up to 5 connections at the same time.

Bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home