zomgistania

Main page | About | Articles | Previous Posts | Archives

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Web site business

I might be getting a new web-site job involving PHP and MySQL.
An easy and fun way of making money. Developing web sites.

What's troublesome though, is trying to tell the client how much the project will cost.

Even though I have quite much experience in developing sites with PHP and MySQL, I don't have that much experience in actually getting paid for it. When I did stuff just for fun, I didn't think how long it actually took me.

So... to get some kind of idea on what the project will cost, I have to think how long certain parts in the developement process take time, so I can calculate my fees.

Tracking time spent accurately can be a bit troublesome though. Since I work from home, I might get distracted by various other things quite easily. I could obviously just look at the clock or something... but meh, there must be something better.

If not - I'll make a prog myself.

Something with a stopwatch and a list of tasks or something would be juuuust fine, but I haven't found one. Only bloated project management applications and such.


Another thing to do then hm... we'll see...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home