zomgistania

Main page | About | Articles | Previous Posts | Archives

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Windows Live Messenger

I got an account to the beta test of Windows Live Messenger (prev. known as Messenger 8.0 beta I think)

The new GUI looks pretty neat. I don't like too flashy interfaces, but the interface in WLM is quite nice, with gradient backgrounds and such. The color schemes can also be changed per window basis, which is nice. Nothing too flashy but nice touches.
I was also able to find a button to remove the useless tabs from the left side of the contact list!

Also there's something called Sharing Folders, something to do with file sharing I think. Haven't tried them yet though, but if I can make some folder on the HDD to be shared with someone on MSN, it would be a quite nice feature.


The contact list doesn't seem to differentiate from offline/online users. Where be the (offline) text? I don't know who's online and who's not!

...wait a second? Offline Instant Messaging? What's this? I clicked on someone who's offline, and it says it will send the messages to the person the next time he signs in! Nice... although I still want to know who's offline by looking at the list. You can sort the contacts by their status, but then they aren't grouped anymore, except to Online and Offline groups.

You can also store your buddies contact info and other info. I don't know if this information travels with you if you log into WLM from another computer though.


and my Winamp's Messenger Now Playing plugin broke up. Damn.
Update 3rd. Apr. 2006: It actually seems that the fault is in WLM. It displays only the song title, but everyone else with an older version sees it allright.


Windows Live Messenger main window
No, you don't need to see who's on my list or what my name is ;)

Windows Live Messenger chat window

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home