zomgistania

Main page | About | Articles | Previous Posts | Archives

Monday, June 05, 2006

Buggy

No, not like the one you drive. Buggy code! (ha-ha)


I managed to do some work on my game project again. I've lately been badly distracted by the Hoff and his talking car and an anime series called Overman King Gainer.

Here and here are the latest screenshots of my project.

As you can see from the second picture, I've continued developing the map editor to the point where you can actually insert units (and structures, had I defined any - but they're not very finished yet) to the map. You can also define the players in the map and victory conditions (which do nothing at the moment, but they can be defined and saved/loaded anyway)

I thought I had yet again broken the picking code.. the units didn't get selected. In the end I noticed I had made some stupid mistakes.

1. the game tried to load the units owner from the wrong XML attribute
2. the game tried to assign players to the units before the players were loaded


There we see again. My code sucks! ;)


And I'm still having problems with the editor flickering and having glitches because of the DirectX-rendered panel. I had to resort to a hackyish measure to make a ColorDialog visible! (The Panel is hidden when the dialog is visible)

Seems MDX-knowledge is not very common...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home