zomgistania

Main page | About | Articles | Previous Posts | Archives

Friday, May 12, 2006

A*

A*... does that ring any bells? It should, if you've been playing with pathfinding algorithms.

I made an incredibly crap implementation of that into my tile based game thing. Incredibly crappy, eg. it takes ages to find a path sometimes... but hey, it does find the path, even though it adds some 20.000 tiles to the lists even though the map doesn't contain that many... I know it's buggy, yes


I was playing with an idea of a "raster renderer" thing made with Direct3D. As you might know, you can draw vertices and wire-frame triangles too... I thought that what if you'd render lines with that kind of rendering, like you'd draw lines with GDI or anything... and raw pixels with single vertices.

Something which could draw filled rectangles and stuff would probably be very possible. Need to look into that after I've fixed the pathfinding code. I could use that to render simple graphics.


Another night spent with no sleep. I need to do something about my sleeping cycles. The next thing I'll be doing now is probably hit the shower and go to the store to grab some Pepsi or something :]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home