zomgistania

Main page | About | Articles | Previous Posts | Archives

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Laptop

Something I've been tinkering with lately is this old laptop, which I call "craptop"
Why? Well...


  1. Broken HDD

  2. Broken CDD

  3. Missing battery (probably broken too)

  4. 300mhz/64mb RAM


I was thinking about converting the LCD screen to a "normal" monitor. Did a bit searching on the web and it seems possible, although troublesome.

Especially the article here was intresting.


Earlier today I took off the plastic cover on the LCD monitor.

It was quite easy after a while. I was quite careful to not break anything..

just had to take off the bolt covers with a paperknife since I had nothing better for the task, unscrew the bolts and press from strategic positions in the plastic to clip it off.

So, the next thing to do is probably to remove the keyboard and the rest of the plasitc covering to get to the wiring... then to think how on earth I will connect the wires to a normal lcd connector...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home